Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Friday, January 15, 2010

An extra run and a weight check

I did get out and do a 1.13 mile run. The little neighborhood behind our house, loops around. I calculated that and it comes out to 1.1 mile if I run the inner circle as well. I could defnitely feel that I had run yesterday. It wasnt as bad as I thought it might be. I was glad to only be running a mile though! I did 1.l3 miles in 13:50, which translates on the running site to a 12:15 pace. Hmm, doesnt quite seem right but hey Ill take it!

Mrs. F
Last Friday: 171.4 lbs.


Today: 167.2 lbs.


Gain/Loss: -4.2 lbs.


Goal: 150.0 lbs.


Cumulative: 15.6 lbs.


Pounds to lose: 17.2


Comment: I was sick this week, so I definitely had a little extra help. Im a little nervous that once my regular eating catches up to me, that I might gain a pound or two back. I was so excited to hit the 15 lbs lost marker! It finally feels like Ive made a significant dent in my weight loss. Plenty of work to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!