Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Feeling dead tired (papers, papers, papers)

Last night saw me up until nearly 2 AM to get a paper in on time.  I was up this morning at 6 AM, so I'm running on fumes.  Less than four hours of sleep definately does not cut it for me. Work has also required some longer hours of late.

I have a research paper due Saturday and another paper due on Tuesday.  It's not the school work itself that is getting to me, but rather the lack of sleep and exercise.  I've really started to feel the difference between when I'm rested and when I'm not, and I now can also feel a difference between when I am exercising regularly and when I'm not.

I need to finish Week 2 of the One Hundred Pushups challenge, and I need to run.  I've not run now for a week (since Thanksgiving Day). I'm falling asleep in my chair as I'm writing this. I need to get in early tomorrow, because we have a new employee starting and I was informed just this morning.  I have yet much to do to be ready for his arrival at 8 AM.

Yikes! I need a break.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mr & Mrs F! All of us at the 200+ thread miss hearing from you. Keep in touch. Hope you get back on track after the grad work is done. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!