Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, March 12, 2012

C25K Redux - W1D2 (and 100PU - W3D3)

I'm catching up after a long weekend.  This past Friday was our city's annual fish fry.  I knowingly set aside my diet plans for the evening.  Over the weekend, I completed 100PU - W3D2, and I finished W3D3 this evening with a total of 127 reps.

The big achievement for the evening, however, was W1D2 of my C25K redux.  It went well.  So well, actually, that I ran through the entire workout twice.  That's right: twice!  I did the running segments the first time through at 5 mph, with the final one at 6 mph.  The second time through, I did most of them at 6 mph (I had one at 5.5 mph in the middle), and then did the final one at 7 mph.


I know it may sound crazy, but I didn't feel like I was pushing it too much at all.  Actually, it felt pretty good!


The weigh in is tomorrow, and I know I may not be down this week due to my fish fry consumption (two days worth of calories in a single sitting at 210 calories per fillet).  That's okay, though.  I know why, and I'm already back on plan.  We'll see what the morning brings.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!