Here's the skinny: I've been near 300 lbs. for years and need to lose weight. I'm married to a wonderful lady, and we have a family. One of our boys often asks if I'll run with him. I've always had to tell him, "No." In August of '09, my wife learned about a couch-to-5k running program, and I agreed to try it with her. This blog chronicles our progress on that training program. I hope I'll soon be able to surprise my son by telling him, "Yes, I'll go running with you!"

Monday, February 20, 2012

Not a bad weekend

Well, I didn't restart C25K, but I did get some time in on the treadmill--a bit of walking at 4.5 mph and a bit of running at 6 mph (with the last 30 seconds at 7).  I did, however, get through day one of the 100 pushup challenge on Sunday, however, though I couldn't finish the final set.  Later today, I'll either move on to day two, or repeat day one.

My blood sugar dropped low enough yesterday that I got shaky, and it's the first time that has happened in a long time.  If I can keep my activity level up, I might be able to back off my medications again (which had increased over the past two years).

Keeping under my calorie goals for each day has been a bit easier than I expected.  Even with the extra sugar I had to consume yesterday (when I bottomed out), I still was just below my goal (net, accounting for the exercise).

Okay, so it was a good weekend.  Now I hope I'll have a similarly good week.  I already have one set of laps through the halls and the stairs done for today.

Weigh-in is tomorrow.  I'm interested to see what the scale reveals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Curious? Surprised? Have some good tips? Please leave a comment for us here. We especially would love to hear about your successes, or to hear your words of encouragement. Knowing you're out there will help us to keep at it!